WHO: MONEYVILLE is for students 3-9 years old
Great for a center activity in math k-3
WHAT: From the Moneyville website:
Moneyville.ie is an educational and very fun universe that was specially designed for school children 5-9 years old. With its entertaining games and various activities, your students can explore where money comes from, what money is worth and how they can prioritize and save up.
Students are given their own house and room, as well as their own character. This ensures a connection and recognition when they return to the Moneyville universe. A special area designed for children from 8-9 years of age enables them to learn about finances on a more abstract level. For example, they must make a number of decisions that can affect their total finances during a year.
The only thing left to do is to begin exploring and learn about money, finances and basic mathematics!
Your students can visit:
- The apple booth, where they can make money by gathering apples and selling apple juice.
- The post office, where they can sort packages and make money by helping out.
- The city gate, where they can earn money by helping to paint.
- Karen's shop, where students can purchase items for their personal rooms and clothing for their characters.
- A sorcerer who knows where a golden treasure is hidden! If students can answer his questions correctly, he reveals the location of the treasure.
- The Wish Jar, where the children can save the things they would like to save up to buy.
- The family game is specially designed for children from 8-9 years of age. Here, children create an imaginary family, choose their home and whether they are to have a car or bicycles. They must pay expenses every month – including unexpected expenses – and they must save up for holidays and celebrations.
But there needs to be time for recess as well! The Time Machine is a sanctuary where the only objective is to have fun. Your students can:
- Journey to ancient Rome: A puzzle where they construct buildings such as the Colosseum.
- Journey to ancient Egypt: Where they help to paint and decorate a room in the Cheops Pyramid.
- Journey to the Middle Ages: Where they can shoot a bow and arrow.
- Journey back to the time of dinosaurs: Here students must find dinosaur eggs buried underground by collecting hearts, pushing rocks and avoiding dangerous creatures.